Indexes to Jewish Organizations
These indexes for some hard-to-find New York resources will help you find information about the organizations your ancestors may have been associated with. The lists come from a variety of sources: YIVO, American Jewish Historical Society, WPA records from 1938-39, the American Jewish Year Book, and the Jewish Communal Register.
Generally, the lists contain organization names, plus identifying information related to the specific type of record. Microfilm reel numbers, organization names and founding dates, address information, and comments by the researcher are frequently found.
The introduction to each index tells you what the index is and why it was done, the repository and source publications where you can find the record, and hints on content and searching.
- Additional Lodges
- AJHS Incorporation Data
- Index to AJHS Incorporations
- Indexes to Jewish Organizations
- Introduction to Yiddish Lists
- Lodges in the Jewish Communal Register
- New York Landsmanshaftn Resources
- Reel Numbers for New York County Incorporations
- Search WPA Yiddish Writer's Group Lists
- Translations of Hebrew and Yiddish Words
- WPA Questionnaire
- WPA Survey of State and Local Records FAQ
- WPA Synagogue Records
- WPA Yiddish Writer's Group Study (1938-39)
- YIVO Landsmanshaftn Archive
- YIVO Landsmanshaftn Collection